This is great way to show support for Save Our Trail while participating in the rail removal commemoration. Attend commemoration wearing green with Save Our Trail sign, buttons or whatever you have on Friday, January 8 from 12:30 to approx. 2PM with bike ride on CKC to follow hosted by Cascade Bicycle Club. Bike ride will end at Chainline Brewery. Details are highlighted below.
Ways to help build awareness of our concerns at this event:
- Participate in commemoration with Save Our Trail signs, button, etc. Share your thoughts to those attending. Wear Green.
- Participate in bike ride and let Cascade Bicycle know what you think about buses on the trail. Wear Green.
- Wave Save Our Trail signs along trail during bike ride and cheer riders along.
- Join the Happy Hour at Chainline Brewery. Wave some signs there too.
Help us take out our first railroad spike!
- When: Friday, Jan. 8, 2016
- What: Program begins at 12:30 p.m. (Note time change) and is expected to run until approximately 2 p.m.
- Where: Intersection of the ERC/Cross Kirkland Corridor at 108th Avenue NE near the South Kirkland Park and Ride (map)
- Releasing the County's Draft Trail Master Plan in early 2016 for the long-term paved trail throughout our area of the ERC.
- Initiating work on an interim gravel trail that will connect the Cross Kirkland Corridor to the SR 520 Trail and to bike and pedestrian paths near the Spring District and downtown Bellevue.
These happenings also help kick off the ERC Summit on Saturday, January 9 at Meydenbauer Center.
- On-site parking is limited. Consider carpooling, taking transit, riding your bike, or walking.
- By bus The South Kirkland Park & Ride is served by routes 255, 234, 235, and 540.
- By car Parking available in the Google parking garage at 451 Seventh Ave S in Kirkland; King County will provide a shuttle leaving at noon to the event location and returning to the garage immediately following the event. There may also be parking spaces available in the adjacent South Kirkland Park and Ride, 10610 NE 38th Place, Bellevue.